| This article is currently under construction.|
You can help the Orange is the New Black Wiki by expanding it or providing any additional information.
"Tattoo You" is the twelfth episode of the fifth season of Orange Is the New Black. It is the sixty-fourth episode of the series overall. It premiered on June 9, 2017. It was written by Tara Herrmann and Carolina Paiz, and directed by Mark A. Burley.
After discovering Linda Ferguson’s real identity, Boo blackmails her. She asks for $5000, but is still annoyed at the fact Linda was ‘sleeping with the enemy’. Linda feels sorry for treating inmates as variables on the profit after living in the prison.
Nicky checks out the inmate emergency phone book, and finds Vince Muccio’s number and calls him. She makes a very moving speech on how Lorna is crazy but only because she loves him. Vincent remarked how she “thinks he slept with her sister”, but later realises he loves Lorna after Nicky announces she is indeed pregnant.
Doggett escapes the prison through a hole in a fence. She escapes to the guard’s house and finds a gun, stashing it in her pants. She later lays down in bed.
Alison is upset when she finds out Taystee rejected the offer after ‘Justice for Poussey’ was not reached (Bayley prosecuted). However, Janae is seen to be happy that she was strong and hopeful Fig will return with all demands reached, as is Taystee. Taystee also finds out that Cindy gave Suzanne lithium.
Caputo and Fig talk before one suggests a ‘quickie’, Natalie states “don’t ruin the hair” and Joe responds that it is built like a brick. When bending over, The governor's assistant comes in and interrupts an almost intimate Joe and Natalie, stating that Taystee didn’t send the inmates, Maria did, and Taystee ‘clearly’ doesn’t have any intention of ending the riot.
Piper checks out the support from the civilians. She sees Carol Chapman, her mother, in the crowd whilst being told by the door-guarders that it is because of ‘some video’, Piper is impressed the video reached so much. Piper later goes into an office and makes a phone call to her mother, where they have a very important conversation, and Carol places her blessing on Piper and Vause but is suprised to learn Piper is the one protecting Alex, stating “I always thought you’d be the girly one” and that she “needs someone like that” (someone that loves her a lot). They are interrupted when the SWAT tells the civilians to back away 40ft. Carol says goodbye as Piper knocks on the window trying to get her mother’s attention, but fails.
Taystee finds Cindy with Suzanne in a cell, Taystee scolds Cindy for using lithium but cindy states “at least I tried”. Carmen Aziza and Pidge enter the cell, but not unnoticed as Black Cindy towers over them, making them feel threatened. They state the hostages are all gone because Gloria and Maria set them free to see their families. Taystee and Cindy are angered, Taystee shouts “shit” when Black Cindy says “shit is not the right word” and says right now it is kind of a “holy fucksville” situation. Taystee runs out the ghetto to try get Natalie and stop the SWAT
Piper returns to Frieda’s bunker and gives Alex her glasses, stating she thought Alex wanted her “sexy librarian” look back. Alex jokes that of course that’s what she uses them for, not sight. After some continued small talk, Piper bends down on her knee and makes a speech to “Alex Pearl Vause”, filled with metaphors and ultimately proposing to her, which Alex accepts.
Taystee runs towards the prison entrance and screams to the door guards, “Tell them to wait!” But it’s too late, the guards move along and the doors are blown open, the scene disappears into orange.
Memorable Quotes Edit
- "All I'm saying... is you can't tell people to go, and then blame them for leaving"
- — Erica Jones to Alex Vause.
- "You really think "shit" is the best word for this situation? 'Cause me, personally, I'd upgrade to "holy fucking Fucksville""
- — Cindy Hayes to Tasha Jefferson.
- "You have taught me that love hurts. You've taught me that life... It hurts. And I want to be there for you. I want us to be there for each other. So that maybe it hurts a little less"
- — Piper Chapman to Alex Vause.
Main Cast Edit
- Taylor Schilling as Piper Chapman
- Natasha Lyonne as Nicky Nichols
- Uzo Aduba as Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren
- Danielle Brooks as Tasha "Taystee" Jefferson
- Jackie Cruz as Marisol "Flaca" Gonzales
- Lea DeLaria as Carrie "Big Boo" Black
- Michael J. Harney as Sam Healy (credit only)
- Selenis Leyva as Gloria Mendoza
- Taryn Manning as Tiffany Doggett
- Adrienne C. Moore as Cindy "Black Cindy" Hayes
- Jessica Pimentel as Maria Ruiz
- Dascha Polanco as Dayanara Diaz (credit only)
- Elizabeth Rodriguez as Aleida Diaz (credit only)
- Nick Sandow as Joe Caputo
- Yael Stone as Lorna Morello
- with Kate Mulgrew as Galina "Red" Reznikov
- and Laura Prepon as Alex Vause
Guest Starring Edit
End credits: Miss Li - My Heart Goes Boom