| This article is currently under construction.|
You can help the Orange is the New Black Wiki by expanding it or providing any additional information.
"Lesbian Request Denied" is the third episode of the first season of Orange Is the New Black. It is the third episode of the series overall. It premiered on July 11, 2013. It was written by Sian Heder and directed by Jodie Foster.
The prison switches Sophia into generic drugs and halves her dosages of estrogen because of the budget cuts. After attempting to negotiate with Healy, She swallows the head of a bobblehead dog in order to see a doctor about her hormone therapy. The doctor decides to take Sophia off of her hormones completely, fearing that they're giving her a negative impact. After fending off the proposition of CO Mendez of hormones in exchange for oral sex, Sophia asks Crystal to smuggle in hormones for her. Crystal is disgusted with Sophia and tells her to 'man up'.
Crazy Eyes begins to stalk Piper, but Piper is perturbed by the attention. But she uses Suzanne to ward off her ex Alex. Piper informs Suzanne about her fiancé to let Suzanne down easily. After Piper confronts Alex for "stealing her good life" by naming Piper in trial, Alex insists she had no part in her being in prison. Piper decides to ensure this by calling her fiancé Larry.
Miss Claudette receives a new bunkmate, Watson, who disrespects her expectations for cleanliness and privacy. Miss Claudette uses her power to remove Watson from her bunk, resulting in Piper moving into her bunk. Piper wakes in the night to see Suzanne standing close by. Suzanne proceeds to urinate on the floor.
Note: Flashbacks are arranged in chronological order, not the order in which they occur on the show.
When Sophia (known as Marcus at the time) is seen going through fire damaged-houses stealing credit card information for her sexual reassignment surgery. Her wife, Crystal, wants her to keep her penis so they both can continue to have sex. Sophia's son, Michael, is upset by her transition, and reports Sophia to the police after discovering her credit card fraud.
- "Lesbian request denied."
- — Sam Healy to Piper
- "She's what we call a 'stud,' which is very confusing for a nice girl like you, because, let's be honest, she looks like a man ... My advice? Let her down easy ... Lesbians can be very dangerous. It's the testosterone."
- — Sam Healy to Piper
- "I'm missing half my zucchini. These girls don't realize I'm here to provide food, not dildos. I'm all out of cucumbers, carrots, beets -- God knows what they're doing with those. I can't hold on to anything cock-shaped."
- — Red
- "Before I met you the sun was like a yellow grape. But now, it looks like fire in the sky. Why? Because you light a fire inside me."
- — Crazy Eyes
- "Why would anyone want to give up being a man? It's like winning the lottery and giving the ticket back."
- — Natalie Figueroa
- This is the first episode Jodie Foster directs. Foster also directs "Looks Blue, Tastes Red".
- Laverne Cox has a twin brother, musician M. Lamar, who appears in a flashback as the pre-gender-transition version of her character, Sophia.
- First appearance of Crystal Burset.
- First appearance of Michael Burset.
- Sanford/Jay/Doherty - Bra and Panties (OST) (Sophia putting on makeup)
- Sanford/Jay/Doherty - Don’t Make Me Cut You (OST) (Crazy Eyes throws pie)
- Freestyle Fellowship - Ambassadors (Flashback - Sophia buying Michael shoes)
- The Stereotypes - Women in Magazines (Flashback when Piper meets Alex)
- tUnE-yArDs - Gangsta/My Hood (When Piper gets transferred)
- Boss - I Don’t Give a Fuck (Credits)