| This article is currently under construction.|
You can help the Orange is the New Black Wiki by expanding it or providing any additional information.
Leanne Lemmle Taylor is a former inmate at Litchfield Penitentiary, portrayed by Emma Myles. Her current whereabouts are unknown. She serves as a recurring antagonist/anti-villain throughout the series. But she is also caring for some people and clever at times
Leanne is easily appealed and influenced by radical ideas and leader figures due to her desire of feeling part of a group. She tends to devote herself fully and obsessively to any religious, or social, group she attaches herself to. She is typically rude and hateful to anyone who doesn't share her views, as seen in her showing resentment to Pennsatucky in Season Two, and Soso in Season Three. She typically tries to take over when she gets a taste of power and is very protective of her beliefs.
Despite this, Leanne is shown to be very loyal towards people she loves, including her family, Pennsatucky in Season One and her best friend Angie.
Leanne is very fair skinned with long blonde hair and a slim build. She has severely discolored and decayed teeth, most likely as a result of her addiction to methamphetamine.
Before Litchfield Edit
For a list of episodes featuring Leanne's flashbacks, see here.
Leanne grew up in a strict Amish community and speaks Pennsylvania Dutch. During her Rumspringa in 2004, she briefly left her family to experience secular life and became involved in drugs. She later rejoins her former community, deciding to be baptized fully into the church instead of leaving it as some of her peers choose to do. On the day of the ceremony, police find a drug-laden backpack in the cornfield separating the Amish community from its surroundings, and trace it back to Leanne.
She is forced to expose her friends, children from her community who have abandoned the Amish way of life, as well as parts of a drug cartel in order to remain with her family. When she returns, she is shunned for betraying her kind (and for causing some of the Elders' children to get arrested) and subsequently runs away after hearing her parents discussing what to do with her.
It is currently unknown why she's locked up despite cooperating with the police, but a popular (but completely speculative) fan-theory postulates that she may have been placed on probation with house arrest as a reduced charge for her cooperation, and by running away she violated that probation, ultimately resulting in reinstatement of her original sentence.
Leanne was close friends with Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett and backs up Doggett in many situations. She is supposedly a devoted Christian along with Doggett. Taylor is seen exchanging sexual favors with George Mendez for drugs.
She stands up against Doggett and is shown to break off into her own character with her friends, leaving Doggett by herself. ("You Also Have a Pizza") As she and Angie's friendship continue to grow, Leanne somewhat takes over Pennsatucky's leadership role. During the flood situation, Leanne and Angie sneak off into the kitchen and snort nutmeg, causing them to get high. Leanne and Angie decide to join the hunger strike, they show little dedication, however, and offer trivial demands such as different maple syrup and more dessert options. Leanne also calls Sister Ingalls out for taking charge in their "leaderless" hunger strike. Shortly after this, CO Ford and CO O'Neill tempt the hunger strikers with pizza, causing Leanne and Angie to falter and break their several hour long hunger strike. ("Take a Break From Your Values")
She spends most of her time being part of the organization that worships Norma. Her history of fundamentalism causes her to go way overboard and ruin the entire "Norma experience" for the others. For example, she forces all the inmates to scream out 'what they're feeling' and tries to get everyone to treat the group as a serious religion. She also continually bullies Soso, because she refers to the group as a club, and not a religion in front of Chaplain Royce. Like in past seasons, she and Angie return to their drug tendencies and do some of the heroin that Nicky has stashed away.
Leanne is often seen with the White Power Group, having resumed her status as more of a follower than a leader.
Leanne and Angie are seen alerting the others in the Suburbs about the ensuing riot in the last episode of the season.
Leanne is seen throughout the rebellion with Angie, in the entrance Angie and Leanne find a way to get pizza in the building but is stopped by tastee and her freinds they see the demands that they made and admmited to vote hot cheetos and takis 27 times leanne and Angie is told to leaves when they left Leanne pulled Taystee pants down which made her angry Taystee kicked Leanne but while they ran away and watson chases them off ,they manage to get the gun and consequently make a show for the prisoners with the hostage guards, the guard B. Stratman seduces her with a dance and almost kisses (he was practically naked, only with a stocking on his penis), soon after they find CO Coates in the laundry with Pennsatucky and they take them hostage, but in a turnaround Pennsatucky takes the gun and throws it to the Coates, causing the gun to fire and hit Leanne's finger, as a result Leanne is left without part of her finger. Later CO B. Stratman fingers Leanne. At the end of the rebellion, Leanne sees her mother outside the prison when the prison is being stormed. Leanne is transferred and does not appear in the sixth season.
- Angie Rice (best friend) - Leanne has the dominant role in the friendship and generally bosses Angie around after their friendship with Doggett is over. She is a former follower of Doggett.
- Loretta - Leanne's friend, and a former follower of Doggett.
- Kasey Sankey - Fellow member of the White Power Group.
- Helen Van Maele - Fellow member of the White Power Group.
- Brandy Epps - Fellow member of the White Power Group.
- Jennifer Digori - Fellow member of the White Power Group.
- Linda Ferguson
- Brook Soso - Leanne did not sympathized with Soso during Norma of worship, especially when she offended about their religion.
- Poussey Washington - Poussey was extremely angry at Leanne when Soso was almost killed. Leanne was upset when Poussey died, since there would be no one who would produce hooch.
- Weeping Woman - Leanne was angry with her cries when the toast fell to the ground.
- Maria Ruiz - Leanne warned Maria on the task force in prison.
- Pennsatucky (former friends) - In season five, Pennsatucky helps CO Coates escape. This alone was enough to infuriate Leanne and Angie, but when she threw Coates the gun, the trigger went off, shooting Leanne's middle finger.
- "You're not like The Wizard of Oz! You're like the Wizard of ... God!"
- — Leanne Taylor
- "Yo, yo My name is Leanne and I got game, we're here in Litchfield and it's kind of lame, this rapping thing don't seem so hard, ain't like I'm a fucking retard!"
- — Leanne Taylor
- "Man, why're you putting her tits in your pants?"
- — Leanne Taylor, "Empathy Is a Boner Killer"
- "He's a guard, not a person."
- — Leanne Taylor, "Storm-y Weather"
- "If you say "bean leaves" one more time, I'm going to punch you in the fuck-hole"
- — Leanne to Brook Soso ("Empathy Is a Boner Killer")
- Her dream job is as a marine biologist, as she mentions in "Looks Blue, Tastes Red". However, this seem to be solely because she wants to swim with dolphins.
- In her childhood, she was once a girl scout in troup 247 where she was taught how to use tampons, as she mentions in "Can't Fix Crazy".
- She doesn’t know how to drive "Storm-y Weather"