B-Block is a cell block in Litchfield Maximum Security. Inmates in B-Block are neutral in the C-Block vs. D-Block gang war. B-Block is also known as "Florida" and inmates there include those who are elderly, mentally ill, transgender, or somehow need protection from the harsh environment in Max. Inmates in Florida wear pink, and are entitled to special privileges like TV, pudding cups, fresh fruit, etc. B-Block is generally peaceful and drama-free due to the nature of its inhabitants.
The following inmates are in or have been assigned to B-Block.
- Suzanne Warren, due to her neurodivergency.
- Frieda Berlin, due to her age and her deal with the prosecutors for her assignment to B-Block in exchange for snitching on Red and Taystee.
- Sophia Burset (formerly; released), due to her being transgender.
- Tiffany Doggett (formerly; deceased), due to her striking a deal with Linda Ferguson in which Doggett would be sent to B-Block in exchange for not telling anyone about Linda's relationship with Boo.
- Cindy Hayes (formerly; released), transferred to B-Block by Warden Tamika Ward for safety reasons.
- Gail Abbot, a quiet elderly woman.
- Lorna Morello, due to her mental issues heightened by being unable to accept her son's death.
- Galina Reznikov, (S7), due to her dementia.
- Taslitz, presumably due to her old age.
- Mabel, an unseen character.
- Unnamed elderly woman who attends Kickball practice.
- Unnamed elderly woman who is friends with Frieda and attends Recreational classes
- Gladys Watkins, a rich elderly woman who was paid to kill Frieda
- Lolly Whitehill, due to her neurodivergency
- Unnamed elderly woman with bladder problems